Saturday, December 01, 2007

Scorsese Does Hitchcock!

You’re going to love this.

There is available online a free short film directed by Martin Scorsese in which he shoots a sequence taken from 3 ½ pages of a "lost" Alfred Hitchcock screenplay that was called The Key to Reserva. The 3 ½ pages are undated and all that’s left of the script. We don’t know anything else about the story. Plus, there's a page missing before the last page!

This is the kind of thing that really lights the mind of a screenwriter. Mark this down as MM’s Favorite Short Film of 2007.

9 comments:

Joshua James said...

Yep, I saw when you posted this, cool man!

I saw you took down your epic script at TS - keep me posted on how that goes, okay?

Mim said...

Laughed my ass off at this. My favorite part is when the guy tries to touch it after Marty has gone on and on about how he doesn't even want to touch it.

Anonymous said...

Loved it!

Unk

Mystery Man said...

Josh - I will, man. I'm taking my time with it, though. I'm not worried so much about the sale (or even a production) as much as getting the story right.

Mim - Wasn't that great? I would've done the same to Marty just to play with him.

Unk - I did, too. I just want to write the rest of the story, ya know? Hope you're well.

-MM

Craig said...

Thanks, that was an unexpected treat.

Mystery Man said...

Tell me about it. I felt the same way.

-MM

Unknown said...

Hi, there's more info on this film from JWT the agency which collaborated with the a hybrid director we are calling Hitchese.

www.jwt.com/thegoodstuff

Anonymous said...

Hey MM,
Just noticed that someone mentioned you took down your script from TS. Is it Jack's story? Reason I ask is because I had downloaded it to review (as a Free Will). I started reading it already (fun stuff), but now am torn. Are you already engaged in a rewrite or are you still welcoming comments, etc?
Cheers,
Mark
(markh123)

Mystery Man said...

Jack - Thanks for that.

Mark - Oh God, yeah, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Just e-mail it to me: mysterymants@hotmail.com.

-MM