Tuesday, October 07, 2008

MM’s SEXY Announcement!


Hey guys,

I’m very proud to announce that I am the new contributor to
Script Magazine! Yeah, baby! I will be in the next Nov/Dec issue! Not the one that’s out now (with Spike Lee on the cover), the NEXT one!

And I dared to go where no one else has dared before, the taboo topic of Sex in Screenwriting! It's not who showed what when. It’s all the ways that a sex scene can be crucial to a story. I've always wanted to study this. No one has ever really written about this topic before (at least, to my satisfaction), and I feel like we broke some new ground here. There are SO many ways it can be crucial. It's a two-part series. Part One will be in the magazine and Part Two will be available on (what will be) their newly redesigned website. Frankly, I could've written a Part Three, because it's such a huge topic.

Not that size matters.

There will also be a new “Mystery Photo” of me in every issue on the Contributor's page. You won't see my face but little revelations here and there. All I can say is that for this issue, a few people in the Script Mag office sent me e-mails saying "Nice shoes!" Hehehe...

I do love the people in the editorial office. They’re great fun. Shelly’s a beautiful person. At one point in the article, I mention James Bond, and one of the editors, Maureen, told me how excited she was because they managed to get a "Daniel Craig nipple shot.” Hehehe...

No, they don't know who I am. I don't get paid for the articles. We've made arrangements for the money to go to my FAVORITE charity,
Give Kids the World, which grants last wishes for dying children who want to visit Disney World, etc. I love that place for reasons I can't explain.

Anyway, just thought I’d share. Subscribers should get their issue by the end of October and the magazine should hit the stands early November. (And for those of you not living in the United States, if you can’t get the magazine in a local bookstore, the cheapest thing to do would be to sign up for a
subscription. It'll be worth the money.)

Woo hoo!

-MM

10 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, congratulations - that´s really a nice thing!

It´s really admirable how you handle the "getting paid" thing, great idea not only to share your experience but to do something good as well!

Sabina E. said...

congrats MAN!!! i read Script, but so does everybody else.

Anonymous said...

This site rocks... easy to see why they'd want you as a contributor.

ROCK ON MAN!

Afronuts said...

Okay its my first time on your blog and I gotta say I'm lovin' it!

I guess its becuz I've got dreams of doing screenplays for movies.

Gonna come here more often.

Anonymous said...

Congrats MM!!!

Christian H. said...

Wow, cool. But be warned I HATE sex scenes in movies so we may have a very LONNNNGGG discussion about it.

But congrats. You earned it.

Mim said...

I predict the sales will go up.

Lisa Aldin said...

congrats! but i wish they revealed who you are because, damn it, i wanna know! =)

Mystery Man said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hey, Christian, I'll convert you! I can tell you that the point of the article is not sex as prurient exploitation, but rather, it's a strong emphasis on the characters. I say, "a sex scene is only as good as its characters," because the point of a sex scene is not the act itself. What does the scene reveal about the characters? We forget that sometimes, because we get all distracted when breasts, butts, and bushes are on display and we think that's the point of the scene. It's not. And it never should be.

Mim - I hope so.

Lisar - Some people get mad at me when I reveal things about myself. They're happier not knowing, oddly enough.

-MM

Anonymous said...

So... Rumor has it. You have nice shoes. Interesting.

Does this mean, the Mystery in Mystery Man will eventually not be a Mystery anymore? Seems pretty Mysterious if you ask me. Hmmm...