Monday, September 11, 2006

Indiana Jones IV

Do you guys know what this picture is?

No, this is not the government warehouse from Raiders where they stored the Ark of the Covenant. This is, in fact, where they keep all of the Indy IV drafts. Hehehe

I just thought I’d direct your attention to my continually updated post on Indiana Jones IV:


For years, I’ve been following all of the rumors and all of the good and bad Indy IV ideas, which I've compiled into one big post. It's very in-depth. I'm always adding the latest Indy IV news. Most recently, I added comments concerning an August interview with George Lucas in Empire Magazine, which I swear will send chills up your spine.

The post also ends with a sequence from a legitimate but rejected Indy IV script. It was penned by Jeb Stuart, the guy who brought us 48 Hours, Die Hard, The Fugitive, etc. The scene is Indy’s wedding, my FAVORITE idea for the next Indy movie. It would have been quite funny. At the end of the sequence after Indy’s bride gets kidnapped by the Russians, there is a scene in a bar with Indy, Marion, and Willie Scott that would have been classic.

-MM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indiana Jones -- the trilogy that started me on my way to film school. I have such fond memories of those films. And yes, I love "Temple of Doom", too. To be honest, I find the third one to be the weakest of the trilogy; too light and too cuddly.

Of course, then I discovered James Bond and realized how much of Indy was based on those films, especially the 60s Bonds. So although I'm a Bond fanatic, Indy always has a special place in my heart.

Personally, I wish they'd just drop the idea of an Indy IV. I'd rather see Lucas do Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 then try to walk down this memory lane again. At least the public has by now accepted that Star Wars can be imperfect -- to ruin Indy as well would be a travesty.

The only thing that could possibly work is to make like Bond and find a NEW Indy -- watching a 65 year old Harrison Ford, especially after they pledged not to use CGI, is just going to be embarrassing. And although I enjoyed reading the script excerpt, I'm always wary of sequels where they find the need to reunite everyone from the previous films -- always smells like a cheap pop to me.

Forget it, George. Don't betray Shiva.

Mystery Man said...

I couldn't agree more, Mickey.