Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Unproduced Hitch: Complete Series



Hey guys,

As many of you know, I just wrapped up my series on the Unproduced Screenplays of Alfred Hitchcock and I thought I’d repost links to all of the articles for those who may be new to the blog. There’s a lot of great material here. A study of Hitchcock is absolutely crucial to every screenwriter. Hitch will change the way you write and view cinema.

This series was inspired by the Key to Reserva (above), as well as David Freeman’s book, The Last Days of Alfred Hitchcock, and another wonderful book I read last year, Steven DeRosa’s Writing with Hitchcock. Of course, like any study I have, I may still add articles to this from time to time if I ever feel so inspired.

In any case, hope you enjoy it.


-MM

---------------------------

The Man Who Made Movies

Unproduced Hitch: The Complete List

Hitchcock, Cinema's Purist

The Derosa Links

The Exposition of Rear Window

Tension & Suspense Blog-a-thon

Elements of Suspense

Peet Gelderblom's
Alternatives to Suspense

Hitchcock Goodies for Cinephiles

Two Fabulous Unused Hitchcock Ideas

1939 Alfred Hitchcock Lecture

John Michael Hayes, Lucky Bastard

Script Review - The Short Night

1964 Hitchcock Interview

A murder scene written by - Hitchcock!

Script Review - Mary Rose Part One & Part Two