Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Music of Indiana Jones

Hey guys,

I was excited to read today that they've added Jim Broadbent to the cast of Indy IV. He said, "I’m doing a good cameo in the next Indiana Jones, so working with Mr. Spielberg should be an experience. I’m going to Yale. I’m a professor.” When it was suggested that he could be the new Marcus Brody, Jim replied, “That would do for me (laughs).” I love that guy.

Shia did a video for the official Indy website, which was nice.

And finally, I've been saving the clips below for a rainy day, so why not share them now? I loved the moment when John Williams talked about how he spends so much time working on the simplest bits of musical grammar to get them just right so that they seem "inevitable" and so natural as if "they've always been there."

In one example, he said, "I can't tell you how many permutations I would go through for a six-note motif like that." Then he mentioned how he "spends a lot of time on these little simplicities, which are often the hardest things to capture."

Same is true for writing, isn't it?

Like my other John Williams post, this really inspires me.

-MM

--------------------------------




5 comments:

Nicklaus Louis said...

Great! I've had the Soundtrack to "Raiders" playing in my truck since Saturday.

GimmeABreak said...

To be as talented as John Williams (and Jerry Goldsmith, RIP) has been a fantasy since.... well, as long as I can remember.

Mim said...

You do realize that you're going to have to maintain this level of excitement for the next 12 months.

I'm not sure I can stand the anticipation.

Mystery Man said...

Nick - I just love John Williams. He always inspires me.

Pat - Exactly.

Mim - As you know, I'm changing my format. It's just... Indy IV seems to be the only happy news you can read right now, so I sometimes can't resist posting that stuff, but I'm not going to be an Indy IV news service either. Well, you understand.

-MM

bestoffrm said...

thanks for sharing
Forum sitesi
Egitim sitesi
film sitesi
Forum sitesi